Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers can be downloaded from http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/
Please choose the correct flavour as per your operating system and feature list you want. Also install Java by following the Java Installation Procedure.
The steps to install eclipse in windows is as follows. This is quite similar to Linux
- Extract it at a location. Let's assume it is "E:\ProgramFiles\". The extraction will make an eclipse folder there.
- Go to the folder and click on eclipse.exe in windows. In Linux click on eclipse.sh
Adding Java to eclipse.
- Open eclipse by clicking on eclipse.exe inside eclipse folder.
- Go to Window->Preferences->Installed JREs.
- Click on Add
- Select the JVM home directory to the JDK path of your java. In our case it is C:\ProgramFiles\Java. Put Java6 (or whichever version you are working with) in JRE name.
- Click on finish.
- Select it and unselect the older JDK. The selection denotes that this JDK is defualt.
Once you have installed eclipse, please follow the following video to see how you can do development using eclipse.