Hibernate tool comes as an eclipse plugin. This has useful feature including HQL editor which helps in development. To install Hibernate Tool follow the steps :
- In Eclipse: Go to Help->Install new software
- Add the link at Work With: http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/development/luna/
- Expand JBoss Application Development
- Select Hibernate Tools
- Click on Next and follow the instructions
- Eclipse will ask to restart. After restart, you should see Hibernate entry by following the menu Window->Open Perspective
- If you have Hibernate integrated with Spring, one way is to create a separate Hibernate configuration file for Hibernate tools.