GWT stands for Google web toolkit.GWT is a toolkit that helps in building a web application. The typical steps of building an application using GWT is
- Write the Java code.
- GWT will remove the code that is not getting called from anywhere.
- GWT compiler will do the inlining of the small functions.
- GWT will intern the strings and reuse them.
- GWT will replace the variables with constants, wherever possible. For example if i=3*2, GWT will replace with i=6.
- GWT generated pages are not SEO friendly as they are generated dynamically, so the indexing cannot be done. Cloaking can be used, which means maintaining two sets of pages to help in indexing however it soon becomes unmaintainable.
- GWT either works on or fails completely in a browser. This is especially true for olde version of browsers. Though GWT team strives hard to achieve the support for all variations of browser, but still.